TITLE: Northstar Maintenance Worker SUPERVISES: None
PROBATION PERIOD: 1 YEAR WEEKS PER YEAR: 52
SUPERVISOR: Property Site Manager STARTING WAGE: $12/HOUR
CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time (20 hours/week)
Provide general maintenance and repairs to Northstar apartments and grounds
1. Replace furnace filters as needed.
2. Flush out, per directions, all water heaters on a yearly basis.
3. Ensure the appropriate safety equipment is worn.
4. Responsible for care of tools and equipment as needed.
5. Notify on-site manager regarding any unsafe or potentially hazardous situations on site.
6. Perform duties repairing and painting sheetrock, doors, screens, windows, locks, cabinets, shelves, sinks, toilets and flooring.
7. Conducts monthly inspection of building envelope including roof, gutters, downspouts, exterior walls, foundation, windows and doors. Performs maintenance as required.
8. Performs some electrical and plumbing work not requiring a licensed electrician or plumber.
9. Accompany licensed trades into apartments for repairs, if tenant is not at home.
10. Responsible for assisting with required cleaning/reconditioning of vacated units.
11. When site manager is not available, receives calls and respond to lock outs, accidents/emergencies per established procedures.
12. Mow grass and weeds in and around buildings and surrounding property.
13. Maintain all lawn equipment in good working order.
14. Adjust sprinkler heads as needed.
15. Maintain landscaping of properties, including but not limited to; weeding rock beds, trimming trees and bushes, upkeep of rock walls, maintenance of sidewalks and driveways, etc.
16. Shovel snow on sidewalks; clear snow and ice from entrances and sidewalks
17. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must be 18 years of age and possess a High School Diploma or High School Equivalency and have 2 years of building maintenance experience.
2. Able to operate hand tools and power tools of all types, including lawn care equipment.
3. Ability to maintain equipment such as lawn mower, weed eater, and sprinkler system.
4. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
5. Basic skills in carpentry, painting, plumbing, plastering, and lawn care.
6. Must possess a valid Montana driver's license and vehicle liability insurance, must have a good driving record and meet insurability requirements for agency automobile insurance policy.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
1. Maintain complete and accurate records as required.
2. Ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively manage work flow.
3. Must have a working telephone and be willing to be on call on an intermittent basis.
4. Ability to read, interpret and implement documents such as governmental regulations, rules, and
5. Requires a willingness to work with people of all income levels with diversified backgrounds, including people in need of Agency services, State officials, business people, and community leaders.
6. Employee must be able to handle difficult people and situations in a calm and professional manner
“GNDC is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender.” To file a complaint of discrimination write to:
Tori Matejovsky, Executive Director, 233 Cascade Street, Wolf Point, MT 59201, or call (800)795-3272 or (TDD) Montana Relay 7-1-1 or (800) 253-4091